Sunday, March 7, 2010

Book Nine "Living Dead in Dallas" by Charlaine Harris


I needed another easy read for this week. It has been a rather rough winter, and I think I am beginning to suffer some seasonal depression. I've felt out of it all week, and it seems as though every book I choose to read, is horribly depressing. So in order to keep myself from having a drinking problem, I decided to take it easy this week and read another Charlaine Harris book.

Living Dead in Dallas is the second book in the Sookie Stackhouse saga. After making a deal with Eric, one of Bill's vampire associates, Sookie is forced to help him out of a bind. Her and Bill go to Dallas in search of a missing vampire. She bites off more than she can chew when she realizes who has the missing vampire.

Sookie is also dealing with the mysterious death of one of the short order cooks at the bar she works at in Bon Temps. Despite the fact that she can read minds, it turns out that it will take more than her telepathy to figure out who the murderer is.

This book was a very fast and easy read. It is suspenseful enough to keep my attention, without any serious subject matter. You don't have to think too much while reading these books, which is what I need sometimes. I have decided that I will need to start watching True Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment